Information and Communication Technology | Design and Technology
Key Learning Area
- provide students with a body of essential knowledge, concepts and applications of information, communication and computer systems;
- equip students with problem-solving and communication skills, and encourage them to think critically and creatively;
- develop students into competent, effective, discriminating, ethical and confident users of ICT, so as to support their lifelong learning; and
- provide students with opportunities to appreciate the impact of ICT on our knowledge-based society, so as to nurture in them positive values and attitudes towards this area
- develop the computer and information literacy of students with an understanding of fundamental concepts of computers, software applications and information systems;
- provide students with opportunities to appreciate the contemporary development of ICT;
- equip students with develop problem solving skills;
- cultivate the positive attitudes of students towards the ever changing society with widespread utilization of computers.
- develop students’ awareness of modern technology and its impact on society;
- broaden students’ understanding in the relationship between technology and other disciplines;
- nurture students’ ability to design with consideration of related design factors;
- develop students’ ability to solve problems logically and creatively, through hands-on and exploratory design and make activities;
- develop students’ competence to retrieve, process, present and communicate information and ideas using information technology tools whenever appropriate.
A group of S3 to S5 students visited CUHK and participated in the CUHK 55th Anniversary AI in Engineering Conference. They visited different Laboratories and learnt a lot.
Students participated in the World Robotics Olympiad 2019 and won the Champion in WRO Football section and the 1st Runners-up in the Junior Regular Section.
S.1 student participating in a STEM activity during the short assembly