Information and Communication Technology | Design and Technology
Key Learning Area
- provide students with a body of essential knowledge, concepts and applications of information, communication and computer systems;
- equip students with problem-solving and communication skills, and encourage them to think critically and creatively;
- develop students into competent, effective, discriminating, ethical and confident users of ICT, so as to support their lifelong learning; and
- provide students with opportunities to appreciate the impact of ICT on our knowledge-based society, so as to nurture in them positive values and attitudes towards this area
- develop the computer and information literacy of students with an understanding of fundamental concepts of computers, software applications and information systems;
- provide students with opportunities to appreciate the contemporary development of ICT;
- equip students with develop problem solving skills;
- cultivate the positive attitudes of students towards the ever changing society with widespread utilization of computers.
Design & Technology
- develop students’ awareness of modern technology and its impact on society;
- broaden students’ understanding in the relationship between technology and other disciplines;
- nurture students’ ability to design with consideration of related design factors;
- develop students’ ability to solve problems logically and creatively, through hands-on and exploratory design and make activities;
- develop students’ competence to retrieve, process, present and communicate information and ideas using information technology tools whenever appropriate.
Mr. Hui Chun Kit
Mr. Hung Kwang Hse
Mr. Yeung Yun Loong
Mr. Lui Kwong Ching Jimmy
A group of S3 to S5 students visited CUHK and participated in the CUHK 55th Anniversary AI in Engineering Conference. They visited different Laboratories and learnt a lot.
Students participated in the World Robotics Olympiad 2019 and won the Champion in WRO Football section and the 1st Runners-up in the Junior Regular Section.
S.1 student participating in a STEM activity during the short assembly